UCC Churches
News Feeds:
St. Louis Genealogical Society - Search

UCC Churches

Protestant churches often were named based on their location and if a church moved with the membership, the name of the church may have changed accordingly. The street addresses and dates in the following table represent our best effort to provide accurate information. However, the reader should keep in mind that the information was compiled from a variety of sources including community and church histories and therefore some of the dates may be inconsistent.


Evangelical and Reformed, United Church of Christ Churches

Showing records 1 to 71 of 71.

ChurchesApproximate DatesYears Address TidbitsClergy
Bethany Evangelical 1867-Open • 1915 - Redbud & Rosalie Aves. • 1874 - 23rd St. & Washington Ave. • 1867 - 22nd St. & Franklin Ave. • 1971 - 11952 Bellefontaine Rd., Bellefontaine Neighbors • This church merged with Peace UCC in 1971. Clergy
Bethel Evangelical 1901-Open • 1901 - Garrison & Greer Sts. • 1965 - 14700 New Halls Ferry Rd., Florissant Clergy
Bethesda Evangelical 1907-Open • 2004 - 85 Lemay Gardens Rd. • 1907 - Hoffmeister & Dammert Aves.
Bethlehem Evangelical 1890-Open • 1890 - 11625 Old St. Charles Rock Rd., St. Ann Clergy
Brentwood Congregational UCC 1922-Open • 2006 - 2400 S. Brentwood Blvd., Brentwood
Calvary UCC 1929-Open • 1929 - 2501 Hartland Ave., Sycamore Hills Clergy
Caroline Mission 1913-Closed • Early - 1821 Hickory Ave. Clergy
Carondelet Evangelical 1869-Open • 1869 - 7423 S. Michigan Clergy
Christ Church Evangelical UCC 1890-Open • 1925 - 126 Bruno Ave., Maplewood • 1890 - Manchester Rd. near Blendon Ave.
Christ the King UCC 1998-Open • 1960 - 11370 Old Halls Ferry Rd., Florissant • This church was formed in 1998 from the Independent Evangelical Protestant Church. (see Independent Church)
Church of the Master UCC 1956-Open • 2006 - 1325 Paddock Rd., Florissant
Compton Hill Congregational 1881-1955 • 1881 - 1640 S. Compton Ave. • 1955 - 3661 DeTonty St. • This church was originally named Fifth Congregational Church and was at Clark and 23rd Sts. until 1888. In 1955 Compton Hill merged with Mt. Hope Evangelical and moved to DeTonty St.
Ebenezer Evangelical 1886-1964 • 1886 - 2915 McNair Ave. • This church merged with St. Andrews and became Epiphany. Clergy
Eden Evangelical 1912-Open • 1912 - 8920 Eden Ave., Affton Clergy
Eden-Immanuel Evangelical 1919-1971 • This church was formed when Immanuel Evangelical and Eden Evangelical merged. • 1919 - 6404 Easton Ave. Clergy
Emmaus Evangelical 1894-1976 • 1894 - Jefferson & Shenandoah Aves. • 1896 - 4347 Chouteau Ave. at Tower Grove Ave. • 1902 - Jefferson Ave. & Armand Pl. Clergy
Epiphany UCC 1964-Open • 1964 - 2911 McNair Ave. • Formed in 1964 from the merger of Ebenezer and St. Andrews.
Evangelical Congregation of the Redeemer 1910-Open • 1910 - Kingshighway near Gravois • This facility was formerly called Redeemer Church.
Evangelical UCC 1920-Open • 1920 - private home • 1936 - 204 E. Lockwood Rd., Webster Groves
Faith-Salem UCC 1943-Open • This church merged with Salem Reformed and became Faith-Salem. • 1943 - 7348 W. Florissant Blvd., Florissant Clergy
First Congregational Church of Webster Groves UCC 1920-Open • 2006 - 10 West Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves
First Congregational UCC 1852-Open • 2006 - 6501 Wydown near Skinker, Clayton • 1852 - 3610 Grandel Square Clergy
Friedens Chapel UCC 1952-Open • This is a second congregation for the Friedens Evangelical Church on Newhouse Ave. • 1952 - 1060 Chambers Rd., Florissant
Friedens Evangelical 1857-Open • 1857 - 1908 Newhouse St. Clergy
German Evangelical 1846-1848 • Only information at this time is the clergy list Clergy
German Evangelical-South 1847-1848 • Only information at this time is the clergy list Clergy
Grace Evangelical 1928-Open • 1928 - 5700 Leona Clergy
Holy Ghost Evangelical 1834-Open • 1885 - Grand Ave. & Page Blvd. • 1944 - 4916 Mardel Ave. • 1858 - 8th St. & Walnut Ave. • 1834 - 5th St. & Clark Ave. • 1923 - Spring & Flad Aves. Clergy
Hope Church 1944-Open • 1944 - 6273 Eichelberger Ave. at Tamm Ave.
Immanuel Evangelical 1888-Open • 2006 - 221 Church St., Ferguson Clergy
Independent Evangelical Protestant 1855-Open • 1869 - 13th & Tyler Sts. • This church was formed by Rev. Picker after he left Holy Ghost. In 1960 the name changed to Christ the King UCC. • 1856 - 8th St. & Mound Ave. • 1917 - Fair & Margaretta Aves. • 1960 - 11370 Old Halls Ferry Rd., Florissant • 1959 - Newby & Theobol Aves. Clergy
Ivy Chapel 1964-Open • 1964 - 620 Woods Mill Rd., Chesterfield
Jesus Church 1894-2001 • 1894 - 1115 Victor Clergy
Kirkwood Evangelical UCC 1952-Open • 2006 1603 Dougherty Ferry Rd. at Lindeman Rd. Kirkwood Clergy
Messiah 1924-1928 • (see Mt. Tabor Evangelical) Clergy
Mount Tabor Evangelical 1928-Open • 1928 - 6520 Arsenal St. • This church was formed from the merger of Messiah and Bethlehem congregations. Clergy
Nazareth Evangelical 1903-1994 • 1903 - 3550 Morganford Rd. Clergy
Parkway United UCC [united redundant??] 1838-Open • This church was originally named Zion German Evangelical Church • See also St. Paul Episcopal in Carondelet and in Overland • Only information at this time is the clergy list • 1843 - 2841 N. Ballas Rd., Town & Country Clergy
Pilgrim Congregational UCC 1853-Open • 1904 - 826 Union Blvd. • 1866 - Ewing & Washington “Piety Hill”
Pilgrim Evangelical 1914-1982 • The church records are housed at St. Luke's. • 1914 - 3018 Louisiana Ave. Clergy
Redeemer Evangelical 1910-Open • This church is now called Evangelical Congregation of the Redeemer. • 1910 - 6450 S. Kingshighway Blvd. near Gravois Ave. Clergy
Salem Evangelical 1885-Open • Early - Shreve & Margaretta • 1962 - 2400 Pohlmann Rd., Florissant
Salem Reformed Evangelical 1884-1943 • This church merged with Faith Church in 1943 and became Faith-Salem Church. • 1884 - 14th & Sullivan Sts. Clergy
Salvator 1906-1980 • 1906 - 5266 Plover Ave. near Thekla, Walnut Park Clergy
Samuel Evangelical 1905-Open • 1945 - 320 N. Forsyth Blvd., Clayton Clergy
Second English Evangelical 1913-1919 • Only information at this time is the clergy list Clergy
St. Andrew 1899-1964 • Formerly at Juniata & California Aves. • This church was merged with Ebenezer and became Epiphany in 1964. Clergy
St. Jacobi Church-Jennings Unknown • Only information at this time is the clergy list Clergy
St. James German 1886-1984 • 1887 - 1507 E. College & Blair Sts. Clergy
St. John's Evangelical 1892-Open • 1892 - 15370 Olive Blvd., Chesterfield
St. John's Evangelical 1851-Open • 1851 - 332 Old Sulphur Springs Rd., Manchester Clergy
St. John's Evangelical 1838-Open • This is the site of the founding of the Evangelical Synod in 1840. • 1838 - 11333 St. John's Church Rd., Mehlville Clergy
St. John's Evangelical 1852-Open • 1923 - 4136 N. Grand & Lee Aves • Early - 14th St. & Madison Ave. • Early - Cass & O'Fallon Sts. Clergy
St. John's Evangelical-Ellisville 1851-Unknown • Only information at this time is the clergy list Clergy
St. Lucas Evangelical 1880-Open • 2006 - 11735 Denny Rd., Sappington Clergy
St. Luke's Evangelical 1870-Open • 1906 - 2336 Tennessee Ave. • 1870 - 2637 Chouteau Ave. near Jefferson & Scott Aves. Clergy
St. Marcus German Evangelical 1843-Open • 1915 - 2102 Russell Blvd. • 1843 - 3rd St. & Lafayette Ave. Clergy
St. Matthew's Evangelical 1875-Open • 1875 - Jefferson & Cave Aves. • 1889 - 2613 Potomac Ave. Clergy
St. Paul-Frieden 1882-1913 • Last - 12th & Victor Sts. • 1882 - 9th & Soulard Sts. Clergy
St. Paul's Evangelical 1847-Open • 1874 - 9th & Lafayette Sts. • 1896 - 3150 Giles at Potomac Aves. Clergy
St. Paul's Evangelical 1844-Open • 2006 5508 Telegraph Rd., Oakville Clergy
St. Paul's Evangelical UCC 1843-Open • This church was formed when the Zion congregation split in 1843. St. Paul's was originally called the German United Lutheran Reformed St. Paul's Congregation. The cemetery adjoins the church property on both sides of Warson. • 1922 - 9801 Olive Rd. at Warson Rd., Creve Coeur Clergy
St. Paul's Evangelical UCC-Lemay 1858-Unknown • Only information at this time is the clergy list Clergy
St. Peter's Evangelical 1843-Open • 1855 - known as St. Peter's Evangelical Church of St. Louis. • 1843 - 14th St. & Carr, known as German Evangelical Congregation of St. Louis. • 1957 - 1425 Stein Rd. at W. Florissant Rd. • 1910 - 4015 St. Louis Ave. at Warne Ave. Clergy
St. Peter's Evangelical 1865-1980 • 1939 - 6905 St. Louis Ave., Normandy • 1865 - Lucas & Hunt Rd., Normandy Clergy
St. Stephen Evangelical 1896-Open • 1938 - 8500 Halls Ferry Rd., Baden • 1896 - 8102 N. Broadway Blvd. Clergy
St. Thomas Evangelical 1907-Open • The pre-1931 records were destroyed by fire. • 1907 - 17842 Wild Horse Creek Rd., Chesterfield
Trinity Church 1893-Open • 1931 - 4700 S. Grand Ave. • 1894 - Mt. Pleasant & Michigan Sts. Clergy
Zion Evangelical 1868-Open • 1868 - 25th St. & Benton Ave. • 1968 - N. Highway 67, Florissant Clergy
Zion Evangelical Church 1838-Open • This was the mother church for six St. Louis County congregations. This church was renamed Parkway UCC. See Parkway UCC.

St. Louis Genealogical Society · #4 Sunnen Drive, Suite 140 · St. Louis, MO 63143 · 314-647-8547