UCC Churches
News Feeds:
St. Louis Genealogical Society - Search

UCC Churches

Protestant churches often were named based on their location and if a church moved with the membership, the name of the church may have changed accordingly. The street addresses and dates in the following table represent our best effort to provide accurate information. However, the reader should keep in mind that the information was compiled from a variety of sources including community and church histories and therefore some of the dates may be inconsistent.


Evangelical and Reformed, United Church of Christ Churches

Showing records 8 to 32 of 71.

ChurchesApproximate DatesYears Address TidbitsClergy
Carondelet Evangelical 1869-Open • 1869 - 7423 S. Michigan Clergy
Christ Church Evangelical UCC 1890-Open • 1925 - 126 Bruno Ave., Maplewood • 1890 - Manchester Rd. near Blendon Ave.
Christ the King UCC 1998-Open • 1960 - 11370 Old Halls Ferry Rd., Florissant • This church was formed in 1998 from the Independent Evangelical Protestant Church. (see Independent Church)
Church of the Master UCC 1956-Open • 2006 - 1325 Paddock Rd., Florissant
Compton Hill Congregational 1881-1955 • 1881 - 1640 S. Compton Ave. • 1955 - 3661 DeTonty St. • This church was originally named Fifth Congregational Church and was at Clark and 23rd Sts. until 1888. In 1955 Compton Hill merged with Mt. Hope Evangelical and moved to DeTonty St.
Ebenezer Evangelical 1886-1964 • 1886 - 2915 McNair Ave. • This church merged with St. Andrews and became Epiphany. Clergy
Eden Evangelical 1912-Open • 1912 - 8920 Eden Ave., Affton Clergy
Eden-Immanuel Evangelical 1919-1971 • This church was formed when Immanuel Evangelical and Eden Evangelical merged. • 1919 - 6404 Easton Ave. Clergy
Emmaus Evangelical 1894-1976 • 1894 - Jefferson & Shenandoah Aves. • 1896 - 4347 Chouteau Ave. at Tower Grove Ave. • 1902 - Jefferson Ave. & Armand Pl. Clergy
Epiphany UCC 1964-Open • 1964 - 2911 McNair Ave. • Formed in 1964 from the merger of Ebenezer and St. Andrews.
Evangelical Congregation of the Redeemer 1910-Open • 1910 - Kingshighway near Gravois • This facility was formerly called Redeemer Church.
Evangelical UCC 1920-Open • 1920 - private home • 1936 - 204 E. Lockwood Rd., Webster Groves
Faith-Salem UCC 1943-Open • This church merged with Salem Reformed and became Faith-Salem. • 1943 - 7348 W. Florissant Blvd., Florissant Clergy
First Congregational Church of Webster Groves UCC 1920-Open • 2006 - 10 West Lockwood Ave., Webster Groves
First Congregational UCC 1852-Open • 2006 - 6501 Wydown near Skinker, Clayton • 1852 - 3610 Grandel Square Clergy
Friedens Chapel UCC 1952-Open • This is a second congregation for the Friedens Evangelical Church on Newhouse Ave. • 1952 - 1060 Chambers Rd., Florissant
Friedens Evangelical 1857-Open • 1857 - 1908 Newhouse St. Clergy
German Evangelical 1846-1848 • Only information at this time is the clergy list Clergy
German Evangelical-South 1847-1848 • Only information at this time is the clergy list Clergy
Grace Evangelical 1928-Open • 1928 - 5700 Leona Clergy
Holy Ghost Evangelical 1834-Open • 1885 - Grand Ave. & Page Blvd. • 1944 - 4916 Mardel Ave. • 1858 - 8th St. & Walnut Ave. • 1834 - 5th St. & Clark Ave. • 1923 - Spring & Flad Aves. Clergy
Hope Church 1944-Open • 1944 - 6273 Eichelberger Ave. at Tamm Ave.
Immanuel Evangelical 1888-Open • 2006 - 221 Church St., Ferguson Clergy
Independent Evangelical Protestant 1855-Open • 1869 - 13th & Tyler Sts. • This church was formed by Rev. Picker after he left Holy Ghost. In 1960 the name changed to Christ the King UCC. • 1856 - 8th St. & Mound Ave. • 1917 - Fair & Margaretta Aves. • 1960 - 11370 Old Halls Ferry Rd., Florissant • 1959 - Newby & Theobol Aves. Clergy
Ivy Chapel 1964-Open • 1964 - 620 Woods Mill Rd., Chesterfield

St. Louis Genealogical Society · #4 Sunnen Drive, Suite 140 · St. Louis, MO 63143 · 314-647-8547