|Beth Hamedrosh Hagodol Cemetery (B16)||| Print ||
Photo taken by Phil Klasskin © 2011; used with permission.
GPS (Latitude,Longitude): 38.654562,-90.364041 Click here for Google Map to cemetery
Primarily Lithuanian origins. All records are at the cemetery, indexed since 1937. 1902-1937 records (originals destroyed by fire) reconstructed and recorded in plot books which are kept current. Brief accounts in the golden and diamond jubilee books.
Six acres of land were purchased for a new cemetery on December 5, 1901. The cemetery was and remains limited to those of Orthodox faith, although they may be affiliated with any Orthodox sysnagogue. The present stone gates were constructed in 1931. A stone chapel was designed for the cemetery in 1936.
General information on cemeteries and other resources in Missouri:
To access the JGS Cemetery Database records by name or soundex search, please use the Search button on the top menu.
St. Louis Genealogical Society · #4 Sunnen Drive, Suite 140 · St. Louis, MO 63143 · 314-647-8547